Buy a Boom Lift in Westchester, NY
Should You buy a new Boom Lift instead of renting?
The first question you want to ask is why would you want to buy a Boom Lift.
The best reason for buying a new aerial work platform is the fact that it comes with a manufacturer’s warranty the same way a new car does. The length and terms may vary but is typically between one and two years, depending on what exactly you are using the boom lift for.
Ownership and tax write offs make buying new aerial equipment for you business appealing, but the high cost of new equipment is a turn off for some business owners.
Advantages of Buying a New Boom Lift
- Ownership of the Boom Lift
- Warranty from the manufacturer
- Tax write offs on the equipment
Disadvantages of Buying a New Boom Lift
- Purchasing boom lifts can be expensive
- Your compan’s credit may not be good enough
- Your new machine will someday be obsolete
How do Boom Lifts cost?
Boom lifts are quite pricey. New 30′ to 40′ booms lifts can cost as much as $25,000 to $45,000, and used lifts range from $10,000 to $30,000.
The bigger the lift the more expensive it is, for example a 110′ boom lift costs over $100,000, and even used 110′ boom lifts can be around $80,000.
Tips on Purchasing a New Boom Lift
- Don’t buy based on price alone this is a common mistake
- Focus on choosing reputable dealer such as Blakley Equipment
- Buy lifts that meet all your needs
- Maintain your boom lift well to ensure a good resale value
- Make sure you get a lift that will fit and reach where you need it to.
Blakley Equipment is Westchester County’s number one Boom Lift Rental Company as well as an authorized seller of New and Used Aerial Work Platforms from many different manufacturers.